This blog has lain dormant for over a year, beating my previous record in blog-related indolence.
I considered wiping the old blog and starting afresh, but I decided instead to make a few tweaks and come back with a new name – ‘Living Life to the Full’.
Quite a lot has happened since I last blogged. Freddie (the small person who was taking up most of my time when we last met) is now at school full-time. This has been quite a big change for me* and the fact that I don’t have any other children to be with when he’s at school has sometimes felt quite big too. Perhaps I’ll blog more about this at some point.
These are some scriptures that have come to mind while I’ve been thinking and praying about re-starting this blog. If these verses resonate with you too, won’t you come along with me on this new adventure?!
- ‘The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full’ – Jesus, in John 10:10
‘When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze’ – Isaiah 43:2
- ‘I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”‘ – Psalm 91:2
- ‘So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed’ – John 8:36; ‘The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father”‘ – Romans 8:15
- ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake’ – Psalm 23:1-3
* Disclaimer: Freddie’s school is absolutely brilliant and he’s having a great time! He attends a school which I gained a great impression of back when I was teaching in the local area, and I trust these hard-working people hugely. We feel truly blessed by the whole process.