Over the past few days I’ve felt really excited to be blogging again, and I’ve decided to kick off ‘Living Life to the Full’ with a mini-series of blog posts about the Bible verses which God has put on my heart as I’ve been thinking and praying about returning to blogging. I suspect these wonderful scriptures will speak into what I write about on here, and will come to reflect the ‘values’ of this blog. I quoted some of the verses a few days ago in my first ‘back from the dead’ post, and my lovely friend and fellow blogger Desertmum then commented that she’d love to read a blog on them. What Desertmum wants, Desertmum gets! (She’s very nice, you see).
So, in this mini-series I’ll be exploring:
1) Abundance – ‘The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full’ – Jesus, in John 10:10
2) Safety – ‘When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze’ – Isaiah 43:2; ‘I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”’ – Psalm 91:2
3) Freedom – ‘So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed’ – John 8:36; ‘The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father”‘ – Romans 8:15.
4) Rest – ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake’ – Psalm 23:1-3
I’m considering looking at a ‘lie’ and a ‘truth’ within each post – God speaks the truth to us through his Word, but sometimes a silly voice in our head can get in the way of that. Especially if you’re a girl, maybe!
Over to you:
- Does one of these verses in particular say something to you?
- Do any of them connect with experience from your own life?
- What would you like to hear about within the mini-series?
See you soon for the first instalment!
PS Thank you for your support and encouragement on my return to blogging. You’re the best!